Monday, December 19, 2005

M.I.A.

My apologies to my loyal readers, I have been traveling recently and was unable to post anything new. I have been following the Cleveland sports scene, as usual, and here are some thoughts of recent doings:

The Browns won U-G-L-Y Sunday over a disgusting Raiders team. Yeah it sucks they are blowing their top ten draft pick, but you do not want to end the season on a six-game losing streak, trust me. Losing is contagious, like a virus. Having said that, I'm not ready make plans to attend Charlie Frye's Hall of Fame induction ceremony just yet. Yes, he's the best option the Browns have, but lets see what he does next year.

Also, I know its not the Browns style, but we SERIOUSLY need to address both lines. The D-line is non-existent. I'm not even sure they all make it to the field each series. The O-line has been better than years past, but still really inconsistent. ADDRESS THIS IN THE DRAFT, FOR ONCE!! Football games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage, its that simple.

The Indians have just wrapped up "Welcome Home Week" with the signings of Danny Graves and Steve Karsay(two guys who are about 32 going on 50) following the Tim Laker (re)signing earlier in the week. I don't know how long this trend is going to last, but if I see Robby Alomar or Kenny Lofton lumbering around in a Tribe uniform next year, I may go off the deep end.

One guy I REALLY want on the Indians is Reggie Sanders. Lets go and get this freaking guy, he's clearly the best option for a right fielder out there. Yes, I know he's 38, but just two years ago he cracked 31 dongs and drove in 87 runs for the Pirates, no less. Rondell White, though five years younger, has not eclipsed the 20-homer mark since 1999.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter