Saturday, April 01, 2006

Who IS this guy?!

I have found on several occasions this season, I have told somebody, "That may be LeBron's best game ever, the game that really took him to another level."

Well after making that statement about five times, it starts to lose its luster.

What LeBron did today against the Miami Heat had to be seen to be believed. There was one sequence late in the game, James drove to the lane, kicked a pass out to a wide open Donyell Marshall in the corner. Predictably, Marshall clanked the shot off the rim, then LeBron heroically and inexplicably pulled down the rebound amidst four Heat players, and all in one motion, fired a pass back to Marshall, who had wisely cut to the basket for an easy put in.

It was a play that brought me off my couch, screaming into my cell phone without regard to the person on the other end. You just couldn't help it. This kid does things I have never seen in a Cavalier game, at least from a Cavs player. Things that make me jump up and cheer the way the Price, Daugherty, Nance combo used to. The difference is, this time the "Jordan" was on OUR side.

Don't get me wrong, Dwyane Wade was fantastic as well. But without Shaq's big body under the hoop knocking people around, even Wade's Heat looked inferior to LeBron's Cavs, clicking on all cyllinders.

James' final stat line: 47 points, 12 boards, 10 assists. What other player routinely fills up the stat sheet that way?

I don't know where this incredible journey LeBron James is taking us on will ultimately end up, but I can tell you this, I'm enjoying the ride.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more! Seemed like the announcers were all over Wade until LeBron went LeBron to finish the game and remind them who the king is. Like your site, please keep it up.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter