Friday, April 28, 2006

been a while..

First let me apologize to all those who check this blog regularly. I know it has been an obscene amount of time since I last posted, but I have a legitmate reason - you have to believe me!

Anyways, I couldn't settle on one topic today, so I'm just going to post what has been on my mind recently regarding our beloved sports teams.

1. Every day I check the Indians active roster and every day I see Danny Graves name still on it. Whats it going to take? This guy is as washed up as any washed up player I have ever seen. Years from now I predict when any local athlete starts to lose it, we are going to say "Geez this guy looks like Danny Graves in '06"

2. I can't remember the last time I changed my mind about a team as quickly as the Cavs this week. After game one, I was calling friends making crazy statements like, "If Rasheed Wallace goes down early next series, you never know!" Now, I'm expecting them to drop two heartbreakers in Washington and come back to Cleveland playing for pride. Win game five for the fans and lose the series in six.

3. I don't care how many touchy feely stories they do on Gilbert Arenas, I still hate the guy.

4. I was screaming for the Indians to try Jason Davis at closer for so long, that now when he comes out of the 'pen for one of his innings where he sends all three batters down in about 8 pitches, I don't even bring it up anymore. Once again, a Cleveland team has beaten me into submission. Lets just keep rooting for the shaky fat guy approaching 40 who's had 4 arm surgeries, to close games.

5. Is anyone else expecting Haloti Ngata to still be available at pick 11 in the NFL draft tomorrow, giving the Browns a false sense of security, right before the Rams snatch him up sending the Cleveland war room into a frenzy? Finally, they will panic and take sure-bust Broderick Bunkley from Florida State, who may as well be named Dan Footman Jr.

6. Does Ramon Vasquez even take batting practice? He has got to be the least feared hitter in Major League baseball. I wish I could get a camera view of the outfield when he's batting just to make sure the outfielders from the other team aren't sitting down. Its almost like every time the team takes BP, Vasquez produces a doctor's excuse for Wedgie, only the skipper doesn't realize the date on the excuse has been erased and written over about 15 times to keep it current.

7. The other day, I was watching ESPNBonds' Sportscenter, and they actually showed 4 minutes of consecutive highlights that did not include Barry Bonds! Why doesn't ESPN just go all the way with it and relocate headquarters from Bristol, Conn. to the basement of Pac Bell Park in San Francisco?

1 Comments:

Blogger MoL said...

Bring back Ernie Camacho!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter