Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Night

Just a few observations from the Indians/White Sox opener.

  • The White Sox went 14-5 against the Tribe last year en route to winning the World Series. Last night they opened the season with a 10-4 whoopin' on the Indians. I think we are officially their female dogs.
  • Before its all said and done, I'm pretty sure C.C. Sabathia will go down as one of the most overrated Cleveland sports figures of all time.
  • There are 25 guys on the Indians roster, manager Eric Wedge and the rest of the coaching staff and an assortment of clubhouse attendants, trainers and team assistants. And you mean to tell me not ONE PERSON has the stones to tell Danny Graves the truth about his hair? Not even a subtle, "how's it going Danielle?"
  • All over the Indians message boards you find nothing but homers vehemently claiming, "Its just one game!!" Excuse me, but how many games did the Tribe miss the playoffs by last year? They all count folks, especially when you put up an effort like that in the season opener.
  • And just so nobody accuses me of hastily jumping off the bandwagon, see my archived post entitled, "Fantasyland" where I ripped a foolish sportswriter who ranked the Indians 3rd in the power poll. I didn't have a good feeling about this Indians team 3 months ago and I don't have a good feeling about them now.
  • Finally, a non-baseball observation. I'm so glad the NCAA basketball tournament is finally over. It seems like the only thing I've heard the last few weeks were middle-aged commentators saying, "blah blah blah, Big Baby. Blah blah blah, Big Baby. Big Baby, blah blah blah." Has there ever been a more overused nickname in sports? And they can stop with all this Charles Barkley talk. That guy does not have half the athletic ability of Barkley. If you want a more accurate comparison, see Robert "Tractor" Traylor. "Blah blah blah, Tractor Traylor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter